Sunday, November 15, 2015

Lu Lu Tunic by Stylearc

Here is another Stylearc pattern, the Lu Lu Tunic. All in all I'm happy with it, except if I make it again I won't bother with the arm hole bands, I'll just add a couple of centimetres to the dropped shoulder when cutting out and finish the sleeve with a facing, a hem or binding. I found the arm hole bands fiddly to work with and the sleeves are a snug fit around my upper arms (which is my problem not the fault of the pattern). As suggested by other reviwers of this pattern on Pattern Review, I didn't add the neck opening which meant the back could be cut on the fold. I like the mitred corners of the top's front and back skirt as well as the fit around the neck. I only interfaced the inside of the neck and armhole bands although the pattern instructions called for both sides to be interfaced. As the fabric had enough weight I didn't think it needed the added bulk that the double interfacing would have caused. I used a cotton from the stash as a wearable muslin. I may make this again in a silk that has been sitting patiently in a cupboard for a number of years waiting for the light of day.



2 comments:

  1. hi Anna,
    I discovered your blog from your PR pattern reviews, where I am sewinglinda141 on the sewing downunder forum. I am in Melb. too and we seem have similar taste and own a few of the same patterns. I have now read right back to the beginning of your blog and really enjoyed it, looking forward to more.
    linda .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style arc have great patterns with lots if interesting details. You have made another lovely top ! I hope you get to use your saved silk - that will be lovely for what is going to be a really summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.