Thursday, January 3, 2013

McCalls 6102

I was inspired to try making the McCalls 6102 after seeing a version of it with this review over at Tessuti's blog back in October. I have a piece of linen that I would like to use for the short sleeve version but before I cut into it I made a toile first. I made the toile sleeveless so that I could practice binding the armhole with bias binding. When I make up the dress with the linen, I will lower the front neckline a little and make some tiny tucks in the pattern tissue at the neckline for a better fit. I lengthened the shorter version by 6 cms so that it covers my less than glamourous knees. The fabric is a cotton with some stretch. Made just in time to wear to try to keep cool in the predicted 41 degrees in Melbourne tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.