Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Homemade Vol 1 Pattern D

I gave Pattern D a go from Happy Homemade Vol 1.
The book's version


My version
I made a couple of adjustments. I cut the sleeves narrower and omitted the centre back tuck. With the sleeves I kept the length and bound the hem with self fabric bias after making three small pleats at the hem. I removed the back tuck completely and took out the extra fabric allowed by making a centre back seam. (If I was to make this top again, I would put the centre fold on the tuck line)
Sleeve

Back with centre tuck removed

I think this top is too 'maternity' and I don't think I'll wear it out in public even though I do like the fabric and the tucks at the neckline. Another one to put down to experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.