Thursday, August 11, 2011

You sew girl

To quote Nicole Mallalieu from her book 'You sew, girl' , "the thing I like about sewing is that there's always more to learn". This is why I bought Nikki's book and follow her blog. I discovered Nikki and nicolemdesign years ago while doing a google search on  bag patterns. I was so excited to find that she was local (then in Brunswick, now in Northcote). I went to her open days at the Brunswick Business Incubator and to a couple of her classes. One year, I was even lucky enough to win a door prize of a bundle of Kimono House fabric. Her book 'You sew, girl' was a much anticpated Mother's Day present this year. It has great sewing tips and techniques for general sewing, as well as, especially for my interest, patterns for bags.The instructions are clear and precise and the photos give that bit of added extra in the explanations for beginner sewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.