Monday, August 8, 2011

Latest books for the sewing collection

I find it hard to resist buying books about sewing. I have an ever growing collection of sewing books along with my ever growing collection of fabric. It's about the inspiration they give when you're looking for ideas or just want to look at something beautiful. Here are my latest inspiration purchases: 'The Button Maker',  'Linen Wool Cotton' and  'Vintage Fabric Accessories'

'The Button Maker' has some terrific ideas for making your own buttons, which one day I hope to get around to doing.


I have a fascination for Japanese crafts, fabrics and sewing techniques. 'Linen Wool and Cotton' has simple patterns and designs for these natural fibres which would be great for beginner sewers like my daughters.


'Vintage Fabric Accessories' has patterns for bags and purses using vintage kimino fabric. The instructions are clear with lots of explanations on such things as how to install rivets and eyelets. An added attraction of the book is that it mentions Melbourne suppliers: Kimono House, Buttonmania and Nicole Mallalieu Design.





I bought all three books online from Can Do Books. I ordered them on a Sunday evening and they were on my front doorstep within 36 hours! Great service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.