At last another sewing project completed. I've finished another version of Marcy Tilton's 8582 but with a few changes.
I made the top with the asymmetrical finish on both sides, made the bodice with View B and lengthened it by 4 centimetres and used neckline of View C but with a small difference. I lowered the neck by a couple of centimetres which I thought would make the neckline with the cowl less like a turtle neck. However, I didn't really like the way it turned out as it was quite floppy but with a little bit of folding and tucking and a hidden safety pin keeping it all in place, I'm much happier with the the neck line. An additional construction change was mitring the corners of the hem. It gives the the top a better finish and the hem hangs evenly. I am very happy with this top and look forward to wearing it over the winter. The fabric is an Alannah Hill knit from Clear It in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy which I bought a few months ago.