Saturday, December 26, 2015

Tessuti's Eva with a gathered skirt

A few weeks ago I saw a photo on Rachelboodogg's instagram page of her wearing a dress that she had made using the bodice of the Eva dress with a gathered skirt. I thought, what a great idea for a simple summer dress. So here's my Eva dress with a gathered skirt.
I made a few minor adjustments to the bodice: the addition of two small bust darts in the front bodice at the waist line for a better fit, the neckline bound with self-fabric bias binding rather than sewn as a facing and I took a pinch out of the back centre fold to compensate for my short waistedness. The finished length of the skirt is 70 cms and the circumference is 140 cms. The fabric is a vintage cotton that I bought at Rathdowne Fabrics early this year. I don't usually add pockets, generally because it adds to the sewing time, but this time I did include the in seam side pockets.

A very comfortable dress to wear on a hot summer's day.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for your comment.