Tuesday, July 7, 2015

StyleARC's Lani Woven Tunic

This is the first time I've used a styleARC pattern and I'm very happy with my lani woven tunic.
I really like the asymmetrical hem and the diagonal seams in the back and front.I made a size 16 and it has plenty of ease which I minimised by taking taking in the side seams. The fabric suggestions for the pattern are for linen, silk or any soft woven. For my colour blocked version I used three different coloured light weight wools. I lengthened the sleeves by 10 cms so they were full length rather than 3/4 length. I also bound the sleeve hems and the neckline with a bias binding made from the red wool to give an extra pop of colour. The colour blocking highlights the interesting diagonal seams. I will be making this again in a linen for summer. 
Back view
 Right side with inseam pocket.
Left side 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.