Sunday, February 22, 2015

When Tessuti's Pia met Eva

Front
Back
I wanted to make the Tessuti Pia dress but with sleeves. So I used my Eva pattern for the bodice from the armholes up and the Pia pattern from the armholes down. The neckline though is more Pia than Eva. It's turned out to be a great combination. I added a small dart in the front armhole to close the armhole gaposis before setting in the sleeve. It did mean a bit more easing was required for the sleeve.
I love the pocket detail of this dress although the busyness of the fabric doesn't highlight this feature as much as I would like. 

And I love the fabric which is Collette Dinnegan!!!! It's a cotton/silk that I bought at Rathdowne Fabrics at the beginning of last year. It was so easy to work with and it's just lovely to wear.
So with Collette, Pia and Eva combined, I have a very stylish and easy wearing dress.

3 comments:

  1. What a great little dress. I love the fabric and your frankenpattern has worked perfectly! Cotton and silk is a really lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is gorgeous! Well Done! I love the fabric you picked out

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is lovely! It's nice when you can combine patterns to get the look & fit that's right for you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.