Saturday, March 1, 2014

Memories are made of this

At last I've finished the memory quilt for my second child's 21st birthday although I am late by about 18 months! It had been on the back burner during her 15 months overseas but her imminent return in mid February spurred me on to have it completed by the time she got home. It was a very much appreciated welcome home present.
I'm not a quilter so it isn't a big quilt just 90 cm by 120 cm (36 in by 48 inches), a nice lap size. It has pieces of fabric from when she was a baby, a toddler, at kindergarten, primary and secondary school, as well as bits from the uniform from her first part time job.
The back is made from the doona cover I made for her when she moved from a cot into a bed.
My last born turns 21 at the end of the year and my goal is to have her memory quilt ready for her actual birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice gift. I'm sure your daughter will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.