Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vogue 1179

This pattern has had great reviews on Pattern Review and I was interested in making it but with some adaptations. I thought it would look good as a tunic length top with sleeves. I had 2 metres of 112cm wide silky fabric with a little bit of stretch that I had bought at Clear It some time ago. 2 metres doesn't go far when you want tunic length, sleeves and a cowl! The sleeves were made elbow length not the desired three quarter and the cowl is only half its width as I had to make it narrower for all the pattern pieces to fit. I used the sleeves from Vogue 8582 and made adjustments to the armhole for the sleeve to fit. I am happy with it overall but think the cowl needs to be wider so that it falls better around the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.