Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simplicity 3786

I made up this pattern in a very lightweight cotton. The fabric had woven vertical lines which made marking the pintucks really easy. The pattern has a lot of ease so if I was to make it up again I would make it one size smaller and a little shorter. But as the fabric is so fine I think I can get away with the larger size. I made up version D (the main picture on the pattern cover) but I made changes to the sleeves. I lengthened the top part of the sleeve to a three quarter length sleeve allowing for some fullness. The bottom was gathered to fit the band as given in the pattern. I used two tips that I picked up from Nancy Zieman's Sewing A-Z book : finger-easing method for sleeves and her gathering technique. Both worked a treat and will now definitely be part of my sewing repertoire. I'm really happy with how the sleeve fits at the armhole and the gathering method was quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.