- the fabric
- the colour
- the fit
- the shape
- the length
- the neckline (which I changed rather badly)
- Don't buy fabric because it has a brand name. This one was Marc Jacobs.
- Don't buy fabric when you don't like its colour.
- Check more closely the measurements given on the pattern packet.
- Don't try for seam details, such as princess seams, when it won't show because of the fabric.
- Get the garment to fit across your shoulders first and then make adjusments for the bumps and lumps.
- Disasters can always be turned into nighties!
|Princess seams lost amongst the busyness of the fabric|