Sunday, August 21, 2011

Not for the faint hearted

I've had a look at the two latest acquisitions to my sewing book collection and have come to the conclusion that I am in deed faint hearted. The pattern magic books call for advanced sewing skills and an adventurous spirit. However, rather than use the techniques as shown in the books for dresses and blouses, a way of dipping one's toe into the water and trying the techniques could be in the sewing of something smaller and less complex, such as a on a pocket or a panel in a skirt, sleeve or jacket or the front of a bag or purse or on a cushion. I think I may try the 'lumps and bumps' technique, as shown on the front cover of the first book as a panel in a bag, and from the second book, the 'wearing a square' top looks like something the faint of heart could have a go at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.