Saturday, July 11, 2009

Next book

I have finished 'The Pages' and really liked it. Murray Bail describes the Australian landscape so beautifully. It was a good story with interesting characters. I have started 'The Slap'. Another Australian story but this one is set in Melbourne. I don't think the Australian landscape will be a feature in this novel.
Not much happening in the way of sewing although I have recently bought a book called 'Wagashi' by Kumiko Sudo. I have had a quick look through the book and hope to make the buttefly pin using scraps of Japanese fabric in my stash. Not sure when, maybe as a gift for my mother for her birthday. Having a deadline will give me the incentive. I have another one of her books 'Omiyage' and have made the daffodil pouch using Christmas fabric as the 'wrapping' for small Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.