Monday, March 28, 2016

Daisy Designer Tunic in Embroidery Anglaise

A couple of years ago I bought two metres of a Collette Dinnegan white Embroidery Anglaise from Rathdowne Fabrics and it has been sitting in my stash waiting for the right moment. Hopefully this is the right moment with a Stylearc Daisy Designer Tunic. I have made this pattern before with a much lighter weight fabric but found the length just that little bit too long for my liking. For this top with a heavier weighted fabric, I decided to shorten the bodice by 10 cms which brings the centre back length to 68 cms which is still long enough to cover my derriere. I underlined the back and front with white voile and I finished the neckline with bias binding turned to the inside rather than a facing. It's very comfortable to wear.


The side view shows off the shape of the tunic.


2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful fabric .I don't think you could go wrong making a classic tunic style but with the added hem feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a pretty white top. Yours looks so great for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.