Sunday, July 20, 2014

Vogue 8582

I really like the shape and cowl neckline of the Marcy Tilton Vogue Pattern 8582. I used a black wool knit that I bought from Tessuti to make this top. The pattern has the top as asymmetrical but I cut the back and front on the fold so that the drape was on both sides.
The twisted cowl neck gives the top a designer look. 

I used the walking foot on the machine to stitch the seams before overlocking. I picked up this sewing knits tip from watching a Craftsy class given by Katherine and Marcy Tilton. I found that it made sewing the seams so much smoother. I stitched the hems using a twin needle giving this top a 'ready to wear' look. It also has a bit of stretch to it too which helps with the knit fabric.

3 comments:

  1. This looks several steps above your basic black top. I am envious of your hem stitching !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna thank you for your comment! I just half won the footy tipping competition at work which my family thinks is hilarious because I don't know anything about football ( and actually don't really care either and the other person who won is a die hard magpies supporter and follows footy carefully) anyway I might buy some japanese lawn from spotlight or perhaps finally buy something from tessutis with my winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations. There is a treasure trove of discoveries for me to make .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.