Saturday, January 25, 2014

Treasured Collection Top S in Liberty

This is the first time that I have sewn with Liberty Tana Lawn and what a pleasure it was. The fabric is so beautiful to work with and although it is expensive (AUS $45 per metre), a metre was all I needed (with some left over) to make up Top S from Treasured Collection by Yoshiko Tsukiori. The fabric is called Asaka Pink and I bought it at Tessuti in Melbourne during their summer sale when it was 10% off.
I am really pleased with how it has turned out. I used French seams for the shoulders and side seams. It was really easy to make a narrow hem for the neck and hem frills as the fabric just did as it was meant to. I have made this top before and made adjustments for a dart at the front armhole, made the neckline frill as a complete circle and I didn't add the centre front frill.
This top has a lovely shape and is a good length for wearing with both skirts and pants.
This is how it looks in the book.

1 comment:

  1. Your fabric is beautiful! And I really like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.