Thursday, April 25, 2013

Schoolhouse Tunic - third time around

Inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee and being a bit like Sandra in the show, in that I don't always finish what I start, today I finished my third version of the Schoolhouse Tunic.
It's made from a Nicola Waite woven cotton that I bought from the Fabric Store a couple of years ago. I added loops and buttons at the front to keep the bodice closed as I don't like the way that it falls open.
I cut the facings from  plain white woven cotton rather than the fabric itself so that there was no shadowing effect coming through from the inside.
The weather is cooling down so I won't get to wear this until Spring but at least I have a finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.