Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sew Serendipity Bags

The latest addition to my bag book collection arrived yesterday. The book is divided into sections depending on the complexity of the bag making procedures. There are three levels: simple, intermediate and challenging. There are 12 patterns to make a variety of bags from simples totes to more complex backpacks. The book has lots of photographs and the instructions are clear. Full sized patterns are given only for pattern pieces that are not square or rectangular. Measurements for these shapes are given in the instructions. There are some great ideas in this book. For me the use of multi-colours in the bags is not to my taste but I can see why it's done for showing off the different panels and features of each bag. I look forward to finding some time to make up the Tulip Tote.  I really like its shape and the use of grommets.

1 comment:

  1. I do not sew very well but I still love to peruse sewing books! Popping over from Blogtoberfest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.