Saturday, November 13, 2010

Memory Quilt

Many years ago I decided that I would keep scraps of fabric from clothes/toys/costumes that I had made for my children so that I would make a memory quilt for each of them for their 21st birthday. It is my first attempt at quilting and I have the utmost regard for all those who quilt. It is indeed a labour of love. Making the quilt brought back so many memories of my son as a young child. Even though the intention was to have the quilt made for his 21st birthday I didn't get to even start it before he turned 21 but I was determined to have it done before he turned 22. It is now completed and I will give it to him tomorrow when he comes over for dinner.
Centre patch from Robin Hood dress up

Christmas shorts from pre-school days

From his favourite doona covers

As a  little boy he loved dinosaurs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.