Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sewing for birthday presents

I have had a lovely time making bags as gifts, one for my sister and another for a friend who both turn 50 today. My sister's bag is made from some Japanese fabric that I bought from Kimono House and to make it as strong as the black denim, I interfaced it twice. It was a great compliment when she asked where I bought it from. My friend's bag is made from a black and white fabric called 'stringy licorice' that I bought online from duckcloth. She is a Collingwood supporter and so it was a perfect match for her, especially as they won the AFL grandfinal. And so this bag will be a reminder of her 50th birthday and the premiership happening in the same year (it will be the Bulldogs turn next year!!)

'Collingwood' bag


Sister's bag

Detail of back pocket in sister's bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.